Make-up tips on how to make your face appear narrow
How to create the illusion of a narrow face
Have you ever wondered how to make your face appear thinner? Here are some amazing make-up tips to achieve this look.
HIGHLIGHTING AND CONTOURING: The objective here is to enhance your bone structure to make the face appear thinner.
- Apply a darker foundation than your skin tone down the sides of your face, near the hairline OR apply a lighter foundation than you skin tone down the center of your face and across the top of your cheekbone.
- Apply a darker contour than your skin tone below the cheek bone using an upward sweep.
- Use a contour in the crease of the eye to help highlight the lid. If your eyes are too far apart and you wish to bring them closer together, then use the darkest concentration toward the inside corner of the eye.
THE NOSE: To make the nose appear longer and thinner.
- Darken the sides of your nose from the inside corner of the eyebrows to the bottom of the nostrils.
- If you have dark circles under your eyes, instead of darkening the side of your nose, apply a streak of lighter foundation or highlighter down the center of your nose -- start between the eyebrows and end at the tip of your nose.
EYELINER: To make the eyes appear closer together:
- Line your eyes starting at the inside corner of the bottom lid and extend the liner lightly beyond the corner in an upward direction.
- Make your liner thicker at the center of your top and bottom lid. You may also smudge from the inside corner to the center, and from the outside corner to the center to achieve this.
MASCARA: To make your lashes appear thicker.
- Apply mascara on the bottom lashes in an outward direction on the outside edge and straight down the center. Apply a few extra coats to the center of the bottom lashes.
- Apply mascara on in an upward direction on the top lashes and apply an extra coat to the top center.
EYESHADOW: To help make the eyes appear closer together and assist in creating a larger lid space.
- Place the lightest shade of eyeshadow in the center of your eyelid and/or the space just below the arch of your eyebrow.
- Use a medium to dark eyeshadow on the inside corner of your eye.
- Use a medium eyeshadow, angled upward on the outside corner of the eye. This will create a more vertical look.
- If your eye lids are smooth, you can use frosted shadows for the center of your eye to create a more dramatic affect. If your eye lids are wrinkled, be sure to use only matte shadows.
BLUSH: To make your face appear thinner.
- Apply cheek color on a vertical angle beginning at the center of your cheek and sweep upwards to the outside corner of your eye. Your blush should not extend past this point, nor should it fall below the tip of your nose.
- Use the concentrated color on the center of the your cheek and graduate to nothing.
Have fun with these make-up tips for creating a narrow looking face, and let me know how they worked for you. Be sure to look for my next make-up tips on to make your face appear wider.